« Home | Fear » | Fruit shouldn't disappoint me » | New site » | Shuffle Game » | Cigarettes are vitamins? » | My new favourite song.... » | Do I look like I came here for lectures?!?!? » | Things that made me say EW today » | Ahhhh.....Londres » | I'm not dead » 

5.19.2005

YAYUH!

oh yeh, so apparently the "yeah" thing that comes after most sentences I hear here are not only part of the Indian Kenyan vernacular, but it's just a British thing in general. I keep hearing it more and more.

More commonly used words:
1. Hiya! [said very loudly and with much enthusiasm]
2. Sorry [they apologize for EVERYTHING]
3. Cheers [I wanna use this one when I get off the bus or something, but I don't have the guts to. I think they'll KNOW I'm a fake]
4. Brilliant [catch-all term for everything, kinda like the F-word]
5. Bollocks [but I already knew that one]
6. Alright? [their version of "How are you?" or "wassup"]

I know I've heard more, but can only think of these for now.

I also learned some Australian when I roomed with one in London.

"How are you going?" instead of "How's IT going?" I like our version better...a little more general...opens the floor up for many topics instead of just ME and how I'M going. lol

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

lol. I get my fill of British slang listening to songs by The Streets. If you haven't heard of them, dl some songs...it sounds like a singing Ali G.

Singing Ali G?? That makes me NOT want to DL them. That guy is straight annoying...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace