« Home | Fruit shouldn't disappoint me » | New site » | Shuffle Game » | Cigarettes are vitamins? » | My new favourite song.... » | Do I look like I came here for lectures?!?!? » | Things that made me say EW today » | Ahhhh.....Londres » | I'm not dead » | Hurt and Offended » 

5.19.2005

Fear

It sucks. It paralyzes. It discourages. And it's only in our imagination!! It's just so weird how the mind works, how it can make things seem real. I bet that most of the stuff that 'happens' in our life is only imagined. I know that's how I am. I bet half of the stuff that I think happened didn't even happen at all. I think this is how insecurities arise. They are fear based and are therefore aren't real. We think one thing about ourselves[what we're insecure about] but most of the times, that's not what's real and not what other people see.

I got this email today for an article in Pharmacy Times [yes, I subscribe to semi-professional literature.] The article describes how fear controls a lot of aspects of our lives. The one thing I can say I took away from this article is that it might be a good idea to define small things in your life as successes. For example, waking up and being able to walk to the bathroom. The way my back pains me sometimes, I am starting to appreciate walking more and more everyday, because I swear one day, I will be hunched over and barely able to move two feet.

This is not to say that it's not good to have high standards and set goals, like wanting to make a million dollars a year, but we might not consider ourselves failures as much if we change our definition of success. That is one of the biggest contributers to the generation of fear and changing our thinking might not let fear control us as much.

Im rambling. Im out.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

fear totally sucks. i hate that i get so nervous and anxious when i present to clients. other people always say i do good, but it never FEELS like i do. it feels horrible.

EXACTLY!! Our feelings and emotions are other strictly imaginary things that I don't even wanna get started on. That's for another blog for another day. But you are Ms. Disgruntled. I would think you'd just say 'fuck it' and move on. lol.

okay, it keeps not printing my name: Kadie...UGH.

blogger can be a little biatch sometimes, but the comment starts with "Kadie said..." so i know who it is. And since youre the main poster, I know it's u anyway!! lol

Speak now or forever hold your your peace