« Home | Do I look like I came here for lectures?!?!? » | Things that made me say EW today » | Ahhhh.....Londres » | I'm not dead » | Hurt and Offended » | Music Downloader » | Sleepy » | I'm goin crazy? » | The Irish ARE drunks » | Blogger sucks..websites sucks..the whole internet ... » 

5.11.2005

My new favourite song....

....is "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani. It's so damn catchy!! [sighs] And then I saw Pharrell in the video. [shakes fist violently] DAMN YOU NEPTUNES!! Why must everything they make sound so good?? I actually prefer this Neptunes sound though. The classic sound heard in such recent garbage songs as "Signs" by Snoop is kinda old and I instantly recognize it. But when they do tracks for No Doubt and non-rap people, it sounds pretty unique. The video is also good. Those Harajuku[or however you spell it] girls are the most brilliant marketing tool I've ever seen. Four Asian girls dancing behind you?? Genius!! Plus they sure know how to dance.

Speaking of Gwen Stefani, when I got to England, I was all excited cuz I thought I would be hearing different music..get a chance to hear what British music is like. UMMMM, has that happened? eehhhh, not really.

This is because the most popular music here is TADA, American music! When I watch videos, who do I see? Gwen, Snoop, Usher, Ciara, Amerie...and DON'T even get me started on how much hey play The Game and 50 Cent. If I see "Hate it or Love it" one more time, someone's gonna die. By stabbing of course, since they don't have guns or automatic weapons here. This also extends to the radio, where most stations are some tattered version of Y-100.

I pondered why this is so and basically came to the conclusion that entertainment of most varieties are America's top export. This includes not only music, but movies. Nearly ALL of the movies that they show in theatres and on TV are American! I thought I would come here and see creative British movies[since I usually like them so well], but that's not so! I think a good British movie comes out once every year and a half. This also applies to things like magazines. Most British magazines are these cheesy, fake-ass US Weekly wannabe's that talk about David and Victoria Beckham EVERY MOTHER LOVING DAY.

I will say I want to get the album by the Scissor Sisters, though. Their songs are SO GOOD. Buuuuttt, the thing is, I heard about them even BEFORE I got here, so theyre not really that new to me either. But I like three of their songs already so I think I should risk it and buy the album. But of course, only if I see it for 10 pounds or less, otherwise, Ill wait till I get home. Where's Best Buy when you need him?

So yeh, wheat? What's that? Grain? Pisshhhaaw. America's main export is nothing VITAL to the survival of the human race. Actually, maybe movies and music are vital. Go America!! The British Soap Awards are on. Gotta go!

Jackson, out.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

That song is bananas. And by "bananas," I mean completely retarded.

2nd comment, you can tell I'm bored as hell. But p.s. the Scissor Sisters album is generally awesome if you like disco (and who doesn't?)...I'm trying to find it for cheap on eBay. I've already bought three CDs that way at good prices, so, it's a fine option.

RESPOND, RESPOND, RESPOND! There I've responded lol. But yeh the album is off the chain. It has songs that sound disco-ish, then 80s-ish, then just plain groovy and funk-da-fied[Thanx Da Brat!]. And I love how the singer can just go from singing normally to singing like a pre-pubescent 11 year old boy.

Speak now or forever hold your your peace