« Home | Nite Out » | Life's little happenings » | Eurovision: Crappy music at it's best » | WHAATT?? » | The Manual of Falconry » | YAYUH! » | Fear » | Fruit shouldn't disappoint me » | New site » | Shuffle Game » 

5.26.2005

ON TO PARIS AND BRUSSELS!!!

I've never been more freaking excited in my life!! Actually, now I'm seconding guessing whether or not I should be excited seeing as how when one expects things in life, one's bound to ended up disappointed.

But nevertheless, for the next week, I'll be away from Bath and off exploring two European capitals: first Paris, then Brussels. I had never really thought about going to Brussels, but seeing as how it's just as far as Paris[actually, it's even half an hour closer] and the Eurostar[the high speed train] goes there, it's easy to get there, so I thought why not.

So here's the plan:
1. Saturday: leaving from Bath to get to London[since I have a return ticket I need to use]; from London, taking a British Airways flight to Paris. I wanted to take the Eurostar, but it was too last minute and the prices on weekends are twice as much and ridiculous high. Staying in Paris for 4 days.
2. Wednesday: taking another high speed train[not Eurostar] to Brussels. Staying in Brussels for 3 days.
3. Saturday: leaving Brussels, taking the Eurostar back to London. Then taking the train from London back to Bath.

At first I thought a week might be too long since I know I get tired of sightseeing after a couple of days. But I know how I am now and I realize I have to do a couple essential things to avoid fatigue:
1. Eat properly!! Don't eat too much crap cuz it's so easy to eat badly and not think about it when I'm away from home. Especially fruit and water! I've learned my lesson about eating too many damn baguettes and sandwiches.
2. Don't walk for too long!! I realize that if I walk for more than an hour, which is easy to do when sightseeing, I get hella tired. So I've decided to rest every hour by stopping somewhere and possibly getting something to eat or drink.

As for Paris, of course I can't wait for the Tour Eiffel[especially at nite!!] and all the other cliched sites. As for Belgium, I've just been learning about what there is to see in Belgium from the internet and I can't wait for the chocolate and waflles!! I remember having Belgian waffles in the Bristol train station covered in chocolate and cinnamon and they were the best things I've ever tasted. So I can imagine what a REAL Belgian waffle tastes like!!

Goals are:
1. See the cheesy and cliched sites.
2. See sites that I would never have thought of.
3. Taking LOTS and LOTS of pictures.
4. Eating traditional food.
5. Using my French. [I've been practicing. I've figured that all I really need to know how to say is "May I...?" "Can I....?" "I would like...." and "I have a reservation..." So now I'm not as nervous anymore and Im actually gonna try and use the language since I have the opportunity. I've been practicing other words and phrases too.]
6. Hopefully meet some cool people in the hostels, especially people that are talkative and outgoing. Ill definitely invite some people out for a drink, cuz it really does loosen people up!!

HAVE FUN MARIE!! yay....

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

awesome. i'm going to london and paris in october for my honeymoon, and i'm beyond excited. you simply MUST tell me how paris was when you get back, okay? and post pics if you can, too :)

I have something for you. Visit this website: It's quite funny.

Awww those are great places to go for your honeymoon! Pack warmly for London..doesn't matter what time of year, it's bound to be freakin cold. lol I will definitely be posting my pictures! Adios! Crap, that's Spanish...must think French....

Ill catch that website later...from what i saw so far, it looks crazy so i'm sure it'll be funny.

Speak now or forever hold your your peace