« Home | YAYUH! » | Fear » | Fruit shouldn't disappoint me » | New site » | Shuffle Game » | Cigarettes are vitamins? » | My new favourite song.... » | Do I look like I came here for lectures?!?!? » | Things that made me say EW today » | Ahhhh.....Londres » 

5.20.2005

The Manual of Falconry

Walking home yesterday, I was passing by a vendor in Green Park Station where Sainsbury's is [pronounced saYNsbury's, not sanZbury's like I've been incorrectly doing]. A vendor was there selling a whole bunch of old-ass books and one in particular caught my eye.

The book was called "The Manual of Falconry." I laughed to myself and said what the frick. I picked up the book, priced at 6 pounds, and started reading the intro. It started talking about the revered sport of falconry in Britain and how difficult the sport can be if not done carefully. SPORT?? If you say so. I wanted to have a laughing fit but I was in public dammit. The table of contents had fascinating topics such as "Choosing a Hawk." I was thisclose to buying the book just for fun and as memoribilia, but I decided not to.

This whole situation was so funny because it reminded me of the Saturday Night Live skit called "The Falconer" in which Will Forte plays the Falconer, some weird guy who gets lost in the forest and always tries to send his trusty hawk to find help, but all the hawk ends up doing is drinking and partying in the city and then comes back to his master with no help whatsoever. I just can't believe this stuff really existed!

The Manual of Falconry. The picture of the man and his hawk in the front of the book was priceless. Damn I shoulda bought it.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace