« Home | Why I'm not the best choice for a roommate » | Newest CD » | Portion Size » | Pain in my neck...literally » | My favourite dress/"The baby" » | Translations...some I knew, some are totally new t... » | Did you know.....?/Leaving Bath » | More Europe » | Cancer and the continuing saga of Juan » | Jua Lui Corder Gome » 

6.23.2005

On to Chippenham!!

Yesterday, due to a 'mix-up', Moussa never showed up for our lunch outing. So I ate by myself at The Boston Tea Party, a local cafe in the city centre where we were supposed to meet, and had the best Tomato and Basil soup of my life!! I was actually gonna go to Halal's Southern Fried Chicken at first to get some...you guessed it...fried chicken and fries! But good thing I stopped in there and took the 'healthier' high road...

So to make up for standing me up, he invited me to go to Chippenham with him to visit a friend, which is only one train stop away from Bath. I said sure and off to Chippenham we go!

His friend, Jean and his wife were really nice! Jean is from Cameroon, but his wife Emma is from England and they have the cutest little girl named Emmy. While there: Moussa and Jean spoke to each other in French while me and Emma talked about how rude it was to speak in another language in front of other people; there were heated discussions about Africa, some that had to be explained to me cuz I dunno what the hell is going on there sometimes; Jean played DVDs with music videos from Cameroon, Zaire, etc, some of which I really liked, especially the ones that were more of a Caribbean-African mix; Jean asked me if I ever wanted to go to Africa and I said Yeh, but I'd like to go to Nigeria first; then they started ragging on Nigerians, which was messed up, but I'm still gonna go anyway; me and Emma got into a discussion about why people hate America[I've had this discussion too many times to count since being here] and she explained it to me really well; then she gave me a book about that same subject and I said I would read it on the plane when I'm going back home...lol..that should scare the crap out of people; and I helped Emmy read her book before she had to go to bed...at 8:30!! But then again, she is only 5 years old. We ate dinner there, then back to Bath.

It was cool to see yet another little 'village' as they like to call it and it was cool to see a modern building for once, because their house looked like it couldn't have been built more than like 5 years ago. A nice change from Bath, where nothing is ever new...except the big ass movie theatre. I wouldn't mind having an apartment like that if I were to have one in the States.

Plans for today: veg, watch Big Brother, eat flapjacks, go to the movies with Carl, and go out later with either Krupa or the other girls. Let's hope they're all going to the same place cuz I don't wanna have to choose....I would feel guilt about my choice....

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace