« Home | Did you know.....?/Leaving Bath » | More Europe » | Cancer and the continuing saga of Juan » | Jua Lui Corder Gome » | Exam Time » | No, he didn't » | WHAT BABY?? » | Am I supposed to hate the French? » | Picture Time 3 » | Picture Time 2 » 

6.19.2005

Translations...some I knew, some are totally new to me

American = British

pants = trousers

underwear = pants [ I learned this one the embarassing way]

The O.C. = Florida [actually, this refers to only one girl who, when I told her I was from FL, asked me if I lived in the O.C....whhhaattt??]

hot/physically attractive = fit

movies = cinema

slut/ho = slag

stupid woman = cow

school = grades 1 - 10

community college = college

college = university

trunk = boot

gas station = garage

cart = trolley

tests/finals = exams [they get offended if you call them tests, because apparently exams sound MUCH more difficult]

and finally.....

sport utility vehicle [SUV] = what's that?

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace