« Home | Cancer and the continuing saga of Juan » | Jua Lui Corder Gome » | Exam Time » | No, he didn't » | WHAT BABY?? » | Am I supposed to hate the French? » | Picture Time 3 » | Picture Time 2 » | Picture Time » | I'm BAAACCCKK!!! » 

6.18.2005

More Europe

I just realized I never finished with my notes about my trip, so....on with it!!

Paris - Day 2 - Sunday
1. Walked/metro-ed/train-ed to all the different sites in Paris: Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower[paid the 10.70 Euro to all go to the way to the top, but really, all you need to go to is the second level), Champs Elysee[at least that's what we agreed we'd tell people], Notre Dame, etc etc.

2. Saw an internet shop across the street from our hostel, so me and Elizabeth went in. To our suprise, the French keyboard was TOTALLY different. I mean, I freaking had to press the shift button just to get the period..what's up with that?? Commonly used punctuation should not require extra effort. So therefore, it took us like 10 minutes just to write really short emails.

3. During the night, Elizabeth went to phone home and I went back to my room. I passed these two guys all decked out in the hip-hop uniform so my first thought was "Oh God." Then they asked me if I had a bottle opener...as in a champagne bottle opener! I said no and they went elsewhere to try and find it. I went to my room to get some reading done before bed and I left the door slightly open. A little while later, they passed by again and asked me if I had a lighter! Don't these fools have anything they need? They left and I'm assuming they did eventually find it cuz damn Europe is full of smokers. They passed by again and asked me if I wanted a drink in a cup with a Canadian flag on it, but since I hate champagne, I refused. They came into my room though and they chilled for a bit.

They are Mohammed and Mike, brothers from Montreal that were originally born in Lebanon. I told them 'Mike' doesn't sound very Muslim and he told me his name is really Yacine. Why couldn't he call himself Bob or something?? No more Mike's. Anywhoo, I noticed that they kept singing hip-hop songs, with Lil Jon sticking out in my mind mostly so I asked them if they like that kinda music and it was ON like Donkey Kong. They wouldn't stop singing. At one point they started singing Pitbull[I was taken aback cuz I didn't know he reached as far north as Montreal], and I told Mike that he kinda looked like Pitbull. He laughed and said yeh, people have told him that before. When they found out I was from Miami[which is where I've been telling people I live], they got all excited, and when they found out I was originally from Jamaica, of course they asked me if I smoked weed. Jerks. Turns out they're really into reggae music too cuz then they started reciting reggae songs.

All in all, they were pretty cool. After a while, Mohammed left and I spent the rest of the nite talking with Mike, with me occassionaly helping him with his Englsih and him helping me practice my French. He was there till about 2am, when his brother came back and annouced that some drunk Moroccan was in their room. They went to check it out and said they didn't feel comfortable with him in there with their stuff. Since I was the only person in my room that night, I offered them the beds. It might have been a crazy thing to do, but everything turned out fine and they checked out the next morning.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace