« Home | Translations...some I knew, some are totally new t... » | Did you know.....?/Leaving Bath » | More Europe » | Cancer and the continuing saga of Juan » | Jua Lui Corder Gome » | Exam Time » | No, he didn't » | WHAT BABY?? » | Am I supposed to hate the French? » | Picture Time 3 » 

6.21.2005

My favourite dress/"The baby"

I have this dress that has a prints of black and white flowers all over it and MAN, this has got to be my favourite dress!! That's because everytime I wear it, I get compliments. From "Cute dress" to the latest one I heard today, which was totally over the top and came from some woman on the street!

So after going over to Mabu's place to get one of her suitcases[yay now I don't have to buy one!], I stood waiting at the bus stop and some woman that was walking towards me stopped, literally stopped!, and said "I don't mean to be rude or anything, but you look very nice in your dress." Then she went on about how the flower in my hair looked really nice too. I was actually very flatterred by her comments and so I smiled and said thanks! She left to go into some store, but then she stopped AGAIN on her way back, and told me that the reason she made her comments was that she thinks people never have anything positive to say, only negative, and that because she thought she had something nice to say, she shouldn't keep it to herself, even though it may have turned out to be embarassing for her. She then told me I should be happy I looked so nice. Very weird 5 minutes that was! But still, it was cool.

And I'm gonna resist my Freudian instinct to immediately conclude she was gay, because I don't think she was.

In other news, I went to the see 'the baby' on Saturday. Moussa even asked me not to mention that I'd been to his place before because he thought his woman/baby-momma/girlfriend/who-knows-what might get upset if she'd known I'd been there before. Her name was Noura and she's from the town of Lille in France, which is apparently the largest city in Northern France. Hey, the Eurostar stops there so she's probably telling the truth. She seemed like a very nice girl and I truly wish them the best of luck, even though Moussa told me things were still a little rough.

While there, I held Fallou Gallas[I'm still shocked that the baby doesn't even have ONE French name], marveled at its puniness[maannnn, it's weird how little we start out], laughed at its inability to keep its own head up straight, felt slightly shocked/weirded out when Noura literally popped her boob out of a hole in her bra to feed the baby, and felt happy for Moussa when he said he loved being a dad. Awwww.

I'm gonna post pictures of the baby eventually, as soon as I can use my own computer where I have the pictures.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

yeh, that dress is cute on me too =)

HAHAHAHA I guess it has magical powers.

p.s. I have your earrings....why do I always seem to end up with them?? it's your fault.

what earrings, the cute dangly ones? I have been missing those...I guess they must like you better >=(.

Speak now or forever hold your your peace