« Home | Blogger sucks..websites sucks..the whole internet ... » | Lil Jon stole from the Indians too » | Invasion of the rhinovirus » | Boots the Chemist » | I see London, I see…London » | Getting fat » | Halal’s Southern Fried Chicken » | Pedophilia-related deaths » | Pope John Paul II » | Favorite names » 

4.27.2005

The Irish ARE drunks

So my head is spinning right now and that's because my classmates is going home like almost a month early!! But I'll get to that.

Today began my third day of working at Lifestyle pharmacy and involved the longest conversation I've had with the guy who works there, Paul. He has some shifty eyes, my friend: he'll look at you for a second, then look away, then look at you, then away. Make up your mind! Lol Im kidding. He was a really nice guy. He actually came in to work like AN HOUR late today and during talking, he would tell me that he had massive amounts to drink last nite….aaannnnd he would tell me he's Irish. Now, I've always heard the stereotype that the Irish like to drink, and of course, all stereotypes of have grain of truth. And he definitely was the stereotypical Irish. He kept going on about how much he liked to drink; he told me he had some friend that was going to Cali for a year that he might eventually visit, and on that trip he hoped to get "completely wasted;" and I believed I heard him mentioning something about giving "two drinks" to any girl to entice her….as long as she was over 16, of course. So I basically made fun of him all day telling him it sounds like everything he does involves alcohol and I wouldn't be surprised if he had some at work, to which he replied "hey it’s all I know...it’s how I grew up." He's from some small coastal town in Ireland, where he says it rains on MOST days and has THE worst weather in the world and that I should be happy I'm in England instead. Thanks.

So yeh, on to school/work related matters…yesterday, 'arrogant' Mike comes into the pharmacy and told me he’s going home next week Tuesday. NEXT WEEK!! I was like "WHAT???" Turns out he and our preceptor had a little conversation the week before and he was basically told that our preceptor basically has "nothing else for him to do." He was told to think about what he wanted to do over the weekend and he chose to go home early. Now….how is this supposed to make me feel?? Im already having doubts about whether this man might have any work for me for when I come back from London next week…and now, I'm SERIOUSLY in doubt. And, at that moment, I decided that I dunno if I wanna wait around to find out.

This trip to Europe was supposed to for business/pleasure with the business of getting to work and learning skills and information that would help me develop into a competent pharmacist being the most important thing. When that is NOT happening, the pleasure of being here cannot FULLY happen. If I'm not here accomplishing my primary goal, then the pleasure side if gonna suffer. I can't stay here and have my precious time wasted, in addition to having my precious MONEY being wasted. I would rather be home. This is the time when I'm supposed to making a decision about what I want to do with my life and because this trip isn't seeming to help me with that anymore, I'm frustrated.

I really had high hopes for this trip. There really aren't THAT many differences in the roles of pharmacists and the requirements of pharmacy students between home and here in England, I've come to discover, so this trip could've been VERY useful...IF I was being put to any use. So later on yesterday, after taking a ridiculously long nap, I wrote my teacher the longest email of my life…shit took me like an hour. I basically outlined for him all that I've done and essentially asked if I could come home a month early, and hopefully rework my schedule a little.

I basically told him I would do ANYTHING as long as I could come home early…if I was a ho, I would've offered sex…in the email no less. That's the 21st century for you…

I got a reply today saying he doesn't see why that wouldn't be possible and that he just has to talk to another teacher…so cross my fingers!! I then thought about how I was gonna email the next guy who's supposed to come in September and basically tell him DON'T COME…and it turns out, Mike had the same feeling. He came back into the pharmacy today and told me he was gonna do the same thing, especially since he knows the guys. GOOD.

Im definitely gonna try and have fun for the rest of the time I'm here tho.

Moses had invited my to watch another football game tonite…apparently it's THE big one. Chelsea vs. Liverpool. I said hell no. Lol. I told him NO MORE FOOTBALL cuz 1) it's boring and 2) he's not paying attention to me 85% of the time. I told him we could have a drink afterwards at RSVP or something and he said he'd call. But I went to bed to take a nap and I just woke up like 30 minutes ago…it's 2am now. So either, he didn't call or I didn't hear the damn phone ring. Tomorrow, it's serious practice for the dance, which is this Saturday. This weekend..moving tiiimmmee!

Long enough…holla!

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace