« Home | For the sadist in you » | Home Sweet Home Pt 2 » | Home Sweet Home » | Going out with a bang » | Hmmm...Celebrity Love » | On to Chippenham!! » | Why I'm not the best choice for a roommate » | Newest CD » | Portion Size » | Pain in my neck...literally » 

7.10.2005

This sucks...

I started the whole blog so I could talk about what happened while I was in Bath, but I kinda wanted to continue it for home. That's not going too well seeing as how I never have anytime to be on the computer. Actually, that's a lie, cuz I'm ALWAYS on the computer, but it's always work related. Like I've said before, this month has been mad hectic, but I don't think next month will be.

But speaking of work, Friday marked my two weeks at work in Miami, so it was time for a sort of midterm evaluation. It was very scary to know that even though my preceptor has only known me for two weeks, she summed me up to a T when she was evaluating me. The weird thing though was that I wasn't offended or anything. She had a lot to say, but she did it in such a nice way that I took in all that she said because I think it's pretty good advice.

It was a long conversation, but to sum it up, my people skills are SHITE. She said she realized I'm very nonchalant, very laid back, not very aggressive and not very assertive. She said she thought that sometimes, I look like I'm bored at work and that I don't wanna be there, but I told her that was so far from the truth. She just asked that I be a little bit more proactive and try to involve myself more. She said she thought it might be my personality, which is right, but she made me realize that that kind of attitude might be OK in my personal life, but I cannot be like that when it comes to work. I have to put myself out there and leave a good impression on people because that's how you get hired. And because I wanna stay in this area, she said it was vital that I make a good mark and make good connections. I totally agreed with everything she said, so these for the last two weeks, I promised her a change in attitude and I'll definitely do my best.

Ill try to keep posting, but we'll see......

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace