« Home | Home Sweet Home » | Going out with a bang » | Hmmm...Celebrity Love » | On to Chippenham!! » | Why I'm not the best choice for a roommate » | Newest CD » | Portion Size » | Pain in my neck...literally » | My favourite dress/"The baby" » | Translations...some I knew, some are totally new t... » 

7.03.2005

Home Sweet Home Pt 2

When I was in England, I used to big up their transportation system and say only good things about the trains and buses. People actually got 'offended' because they don't think it's so great. But I wonder if they'd prefer to drive 40 miles a day just to go to work, or 30 miles just to go out?? They'd start wanting big ol' SUVs too. Anyway, the transportation I'd been praising chose to let me down on the day I needed it the most...my train into London was AN HOUR late and I missed my flight check-in by 10 minutes!!! I ended having to switch trains, so I had to move my heavy ass luggage MULTIPLE times that day, which was NOT hot. So I was put on standby for the next morning! Which meant I had to stay in the airport....overnight...for 20 hours!!

I've never been more close to insanity...I mean I was at the freakin edge. Never been so bored in my life! Plus the airport was cold so I never really slept well. I was jealous of all the people I saw knocked out. Didn't get put on the first flight the next AM but managed to get on the one for Cincinatti, which was a weird ass airport, because you have to pick up your baggage first, even if you're connecting. Go figure. So MORE lugging my heavy luggage! Anway, finally made it to sunny Florida. I never realized how frickin humid FL was until I was waiting outside for my mother to come pick me up, but dammit, I prefer the heat.

Got here Sunday evening, had to be at work the next AM!! And I do mean work. My preceptor has got me doing TONS. Not only do I have to be there almost 8 hours already, then I have to go home, read, do assignments, projects, presentations, etc. It's like I'm working and going to school!! But I welcome the change from Bath, where I barely did anything, and learned even less. It didn't give me much time to call my friends to tell them I was home. I didn't call some till at least Wednesday and still haven't seen any yet....maybe next week.

It's been an alright first week. I've been learning lots, which is good. There was one day where I felt like I wasn't doing anything right and my confidence was kinda shot, but I bounced back the next day. I have this Monday off though. Thank god the US wanted it's independence from England cuz I get to have a holiday!

I just realized....England doesn't have an 'Independence Day.' Damn colonists. They just take over everyone else and people have to get away from them. lol

Crack!

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace