« Home | Invasion of the rhinovirus » | Boots the Chemist » | I see London, I see…London » | Getting fat » | Halal’s Southern Fried Chicken » | Pedophilia-related deaths » | Pope John Paul II » | Favorite names » | Workin' for the British Man Part Deux » | Workin for the British Man » 

4.24.2005

Lil Jon stole from the Indians too

Yesterday involved more 'dance' practice at 6. The show's in one week so we've gotta 'get it down.' I was the first to arrive[as freakin usual] and I met yet another Indian girl…this is in addition to the 4 I've met already. Turns out theyre all in pharmacy school here! My dance partner, D, said she told me that already but she don't know me well enough yet to know that my short-term memory is all effed up. I chill for a bit, then Mabu shows up; I asked how her weekend in London went, she said great.

We decide to start practicing even though the Nigerian hadn't shown up yet. It's going well, although it seems the people in the back row got a little more of the 'coordination juice' when God was serving it up. No biggie. We decided to go row by row and critique the other row. In the end, everybody was a little more synchronized and next practice Monday.

An Indian fellow[I'm assuming he too is in that narrow minority of 'Indian Kenyans'] had dropped by and he watched us rehearse. At the end of rehearsal, as they all talked, I noticed something….they used the word "YEAH" a lot…basically, after every fourth sentence. I had noticed before that Krupa, the girl I first talked to about this dance thing, said it too, but it wasn't until they were all in a group that I fully noticed. "Is that stuff about the number pi true, YEAH?" "So when you do like this, YEAH,…." It was pretty funny.

I wondered if Lil Jon had noticed this characteristic too and decided to use it for himself!! I mean, after all, there are no original ideas anymore, are there? And hip-hop is known for sampling. Lil Jon stole from the 'Indians' too. Damn Americans!

Earlier in the day wasn't as hot. The pin of loneliness pricked me….and it hurt. I really miss my family and my home and my friends and the weather. It all climaxed as I was sitting in a pub called the "Assembly Inn" where Moussa and a bunch of other people were watching a football game. I really didn't feel like being there. Plus I'm reallllly tired of all the cigarette smoking. These two men in front of must have smoked about 15 cancer sticks between them! AND they were drinking beer after beer!! Are they nuts?!?!?! Whatever…

We left and I wasn't talking much. I wasn't feeling too hot. Got some Chinese food at the Podium. Bid Moussa goodbye. He asked if I wanted to go out that night, I said nah. Plus going out in the rain/cold weather and being subjected to pub smoke wasn't really helping my cold too much, so I said Id rather stay in and not get any sicker.

Bye.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace