« Home | Boots the Chemist » | I see London, I see…London » | Getting fat » | Halal’s Southern Fried Chicken » | Pedophilia-related deaths » | Pope John Paul II » | Favorite names » | Workin' for the British Man Part Deux » | Workin for the British Man » | T.K. Maxx » 

4.22.2005

Invasion of the rhinovirus

Cough...cough...sneeze...cough...blow...retch...cough...
swallow...ew...blow...draw up nose...cough...

Mommy! I'm sick. Bring me some Vit-amin C, woman!

I've never coughed up, spat out or blown out so much junk out of my body in entire my life, EVER. And it doesn't seem to stop coming. The mucus/phlegm/miscellaneous junk production factory in my body has been working harder than Asian children in a Nike factory. It's annoying and has been non-stop since Sunday. This is the one time I can pinpoint exactly when I got sick: while standing outside Victoria station and freezing my balls off, even though I have none. [checks to make sure]

All week when working at Boots, Ive had to leave every hour for the bathroom so I could blow out whatever 'bodily secretions' had accumulated in my airways. I didn't wanna do it anymore, so I called in "sick" today. If I was getting paid, OF COURSE, I wouldve gone in, but seeing as how Im a 10th hand, they don't need me. So I put on my best 'craggly' phone voice, and it seemed to work. The girl who picked up the phone said I sounded terrible and so did the pharmacist, Chris.

It's a shame though, cuz it wouldve been my last day and Chris was very nice and I wanted to say a proper goodbye. But she wished me luck and hoped I had a good time during the rest of my stay. This is the woman who told me the story of how excited she was when she had pizza for the first time 20 years ago in America. She was a really good pharmacist.

cough cough, im out.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace