« Home | Pedophilia-related deaths » | Pope John Paul II » | Favorite names » | Workin' for the British Man Part Deux » | Workin for the British Man » | T.K. Maxx » | hilariosity » | Donations needed and wanted » | Futbol » | Directions and/or Preservatives please? » 

4.10.2005

Halal’s Southern Fried Chicken

So yesterday...hmmm…qu’est-ce qui s’est passé? The evening began with me and Moussa going to some pub called “The Weston” because a reggae DJ would be coming to play music. We got there and had a few drinks and went into the room with the dance floor and I wasn’t shocked….very little people were in there and consisted mainly of some drunk woman who took up the whole floor with her [holding up four fingers for emphasis] “dancing” and who OBVIOUSLY wasn’t listening to the music that was playing and two Jamaican dudes in the background smoking weed…[sigh]. Why they gotta be so stereotypical?? Anyway, the music was actually REALLY good since he was playing fairly current stuff. Too bad more people weren’t there or else Im sure I’d be dancing and having a much better time.


The night consisted mainly of me wasting my money on some stupid bar gambling game; watching other people who actually had skill play the game and win money; slowly playing pool the American way since the two dudes beside us finished two games before we finished one; chatting with the fellow pool players; and the weirdest part, kept being talked to by some ridiculously drunk man named Gordon. Five times, this man ask me my named and where Im from and told me that he’ll be going to FL next week. Jesus Cristo! I asked him if he was going to Disneyworld, and OF COURSE he was….I told him it was boring and it’s gonna suck lol. He even got hostile with Moussa and told him he was a waste of space lol. That is so dangerous! To be drunk alone out in public…hope he makes it to FL.

Stayed til the bar closed, but I wasn’t tired so we went to Delfter. I knew the line was gonna be long as hell and it was but I had peeked inside and saw Moussa’s friend making out with some chick right in front of the entrance and Moussa called him over. We got in without standing in the line…yay! Cuz it was cold as a witch’s tit outside and I didn’t wanna wait. I told his friend he shouldn’t be making out with girls in public and he laughed saying what else can he do. Go do your job! Aren’t u the DJ?? Lol Went upstairs where the music was REALLY good. I danced, ignoring my company then the music changed and I INSTANTLY got bored and then went downstairs. Kinda remained quiet till we left at almost closing time and went to “Halal’s Southern Fried Chicken.” Now… what in the HELL do Middle Eastern people know about southern fried chicken?? Guess they know a lot, cuz the fries were off the chain and those nuggets were the best I’ve ever had…McDonald’s cant touch this!

Earlier in the day, after washing out the burning conditioner, I reached for my flat iron and realized that it broke in my suitcase! DAMN!!! No worries…I still tried to plug it in, but would the thing work?? I was gonna cry. I think I might have to end up buying one here. Did my hair, then went to an internet café by the bus stop that charges a reasonable pound for 20 minutes. Spent the next 40 minutes emailing and such, including my supervisor, to whom I kindly said “get my internet cut back on!!” lol cut on. Came back with just a little time to get ready to go out for tea/coffee[!!] with Margaret. She has got to be the, ummm, 10th Margaret I’ve heard of or met. Man, it is SUCH a common name. But I actually like it. Very British. And you can call them Margot apparently, another name I like.

She rang and I went downstairs to meet her, and she looked TOTALLY English lol. Or what I used to stereotype an English person as looking: Preppy looking scarf, shoes, sweater, but she was dressed really nicely. We started walking and chatting and she asked if Id just rather have tea at her place so that I can see her place and meet her roommates, killing two birds with one stone. She lives on the other side of the supermarket in what she calls the nicest apartment on the street. I said “so which one do you live in” as we were approaching them. She said “the nice one over there.” I said to myself “they all look the damn same” lol. Guess she’s just proud of where she lives or maybe was just making a joke….who knows. So we went in and her room is right next to the entrance and the only one downstairs and I was soooo happy to see it because it looked like a REAL room.

I realize the reason I don’t like where I am very much is because it feels like Im going backwards. I haven’t lived in a dorm in like 2 years!! So seeing her place made me feel like a grownup again. She gave me a tour, gave me tea, got coffee for herself then we went to watch TV cuz she said she’d been watching the whole Camilla/Charles wedding thing the whole day. They have Sky TV! Which is satellite…I think. Alls I know is, it’s a ton of channels and Ill be happier when I move in. As we watched the TV, she kept commenting on how everybody looks, which was pretty funny. She kept saying the royal family were the most drab and boring dressers and pointed out how Zara, the queen’s granddaughter has “a big arse.” And that Camilla’s family dressed 10 times better. Camilla looked really good actually. I was happy for them to be getting married because this ceremony should’ve happened about 30 years ago and everybody knows that. The queen is seriously a bitch. Throughout the whole service, she didn’t even crack one smile. No wonder people think she’s cold. She wasn’t even singing when they were singing the national anthem! I mean, I know the song’s about you, but at least sing along. Sheesh. I’d also asked her if she met Mike. She said yeh and commented that “he’s very laid back.” I dunno what they mean by that, but Dr. Moss said the same thing about him. I would later find out exactly what she meant by that because I would bring him up again in the conversation when I said he told me mullets were the new hair sensation and she remarked “he’s very weird.”

Anyway, only one of her roommates was home, I think her name was Rachel…not too sure. She told me she had just come back from NY and she kept going on and on about some Abercrombie outlet in NJ and how all the workers were fine lol. Then they got off on the topic of men. They were HILARIOUS. I was cracking up the whole time. I told them I can tell they talk about that issue a lot, and Margaret said yes, men, or the topic of them, are one of her favorite pastimes. They were also telling me about the places to go in town and asking me where I’ve been. I mentioned about RSVP last weekend and they said hell no….too many BCRs…Bath City residents lol. They actually used that term! It reminded of how people talk about Gainesville locals. They said it’s better to go to the student places.

Anyway, I left after maybe an hour and a half since I didn’t wanna wear out my welcome. She said she’d call me sometime next week so I can meet the other roommates once they’re back from break and so we can go to the letting office to let them know who’ll be taking over her room. Oh, and apparently she’s not English, but Irish and her roommate that was there was from Wales…sometimes I could barely understand her! Margaret said she had another roommate that is Welsh also and that I definitely would not be able to understand her. I had told them I wanted to go to Wales eventually and they said Cardiff’s only an hour away…even closer than London.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace