« Home | Survey Time » | Picture Time » | New Week! » | Back from Polynesia » | My poor immune system » | It's Official » | Picture Time » | New Shows » | Again with the punishment » | I love Wikipedia » 

9.28.2005

Your last name ISN'T Patel?

Today I met an Indian person whose last name ISN'T Patel. lol

During a mandatory orientation session today, which, by the way, was on the THIRD DAY OF THE JOB, we all got bored and stopped paying attention to the cheesy video. Yeh, yeh I know I'm not supposed to reveal patient information...I'm not stoopid! Anyway, I noticed that one girl signed the sign-in sheet with the last name "Beharry."

"What kind of name is 'Beharry'?" I asked her. "It's Indian" she replied.

I told her I was curious because one of my favourite shows on Nickelodeon called Unfabulous [at which point everyone proceeded to laugh at me because I have a favorite show on a kids channel] has a character named Jake Beharry. The main character, Addie, has a HUGE crush on Jake and she once made up this song about him where she kept singing "JAKE BEHAAARRRY." Jake obviously wasn't Caucasian but I could never figure out his race. To quote my sister, he's onna those 'raceless' types lol. So now I know he's Indian.

But yeh, the Patel thing is something I've just always noticed. I honestly think 50% of Indians in the US have that last name lol. And I don't think I'm wrong. Someone should carry out a census....

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace