« Home | hilariosity » | Donations needed and wanted » | Futbol » | Directions and/or Preservatives please? » | Mummy, why is that girl wearing a riding outfit? » | Speaking of feeding...tubes, that is. » | Relief!! » | Olive Juice » | Out and About » | continued..... » 

4.03.2005

T.K. Maxx

Yesterday began with me waking up and realizing the sun was out...weather.com was right on point! I had promised myself the very next day it was sunny, I would be off to Bristol, so today's the day! Moussa, my self-appointed and self-anointed "British guide" suggested I take the bus instead of the train, since I could see more of the actual country and the train takes whole-a 3 milliseconds to get to Bristol. Shouldn't someone remind him he's 'Frican?

Apparently, it's not that far...maybe 10 miles or so. But since they aint got no I-95 in this piece, it'd take about 40 minutes to get there, based on what the bus website told me. It actually took about 30. And he was right...it was nice to see the drive thru McDonalds on my way lol. JK I did see that, but I also saw some typical houses and some not-so-typical mansions, a car with a spoiler[huh?], a ton of Ford focuses[who knew!], and characteristic British fields of green and fields of yellow. [I wish I was a poet so I could make that sound soooo much better]. Anyway finally got to Bristol..didn't know where exactly to get off, but the bus made a stop and everyone else got off so I did too. Turns out I was in the right place, cuz it was the street a Bristol website told me was the main shopping centre of the city. The bus also dropped me smacked dab in front of the Hennes & Mauritz store(aka H&M) so you know I was foaming at the mouth and I thought my shopping adventure would start off on a good leg since the store is nicely priced. Went in, almost had a epilepsy cuz I wanted everything I saw, but ended up getting some sunglasses, earrings, and something else[i forget].

My next stop was a store called Oasis, whose jewellery collection I LOVED. Ended up getting an "Indian princess" necklace and a half-priced scarf/belt with some stuff on the end that makes the noise when belldancers dance...what is that called?? I noticed that's a trend now tho, the Indian theme. It's nice. The store also had the belt id been eyeing! But can't fork over the 30 pounds. NEVER! I protest! But unfortunately, no one else is protesting with me..... soooo the price will remain the same. Left there and went walking around. It reminded me of Bath, except the opening of stores weren't an inch from each other. The width was more like that of a normal street, except only pedestrians can walk on it. Walked by a store with Naomi Campbell listerally PLASTERED on every inch of the windows. But she was wearing some off the chain stuff so I went in. Called Accessorize, guess what they sell?? Got some nice earrings, a necklace and a bangle...and they had some shoes I liked, buuuuut of course they didn't come in my size so I moved on. This frustration would continue the entire day! I basically gave up on finding any size 8 shoes...guess they are no different than America in that "discrimination department."

Got a frappaccino at El Starbucks..went into the Galleria...um, what is this Boca?? Saw a store called T.K. Maxx, started laughing, whipped out my camera and took a picture. Got a clutch purse in there which can barely hold anything, but it looks good! [all in the name of fashion] Got tired and dizzy from the shopping and throngs of people, so went back to the bus stop at about 2:30. Got back home and went straight to bed.

Woke up..couldn't think of what to eat. Realizing I STILL had no pots and pans or any food to cook in those pots and pans, I decide to visit my neighborhood TGIFs. unfortunately. Got a sampler and as I was making my way back home, heard Moussa say 'Hey' as he was getting out of his car. He told me he'd tried to phone me earlier but I wasn't home and I told him about my adventure. He said he was going to midland so to call him if I wanted to go out later. Told him I might. earlier, I had tried to see if Mike wanted to go out, but he told me he was waiting for the students to come back into town since he "knows a lot of the pharmacy students and they usually have parties and stuff." i.e. he don't wanna spend money and thank god for Moussa. WHATEVER. I ate, and didn't feel like staying in so I walked down to the Pub.

They say there are no dumb questions, but asking "is he drunk?" in England is definitely one of them because the probability of that is..hmmm...7 in 10...i.e. very high when you see someone out. As I entered and went to greet Moussa, who was at the table with his friends, saw some old dude sitting there and he appeared to be mumbling sumthing to himself. I dismissed him and sat down and asked if he was drunk, to which Moussa replied "yep." He went on to tell me he always sees this man EVERYWHERE...he just goes in, starts drinking and just sits and doesnt bother anybody. What a life. lol. I was then informed it was Karaoke nite. Moussa told me he had already gone up and sang "I believe I can fly" by the R-uh Kelly. At this point, I started cracking up and told him I can't believe he sang a slow song. He told me he was horrible....and I believed him. With his accent, who knows what song he actually sang...thank god the audience could see the words on the screen behind the singer or Im sure they wouldve been totally lost. He told me we should go up and sing something, to which I emphatically replied "HELL NO"...too embarassed of course.

I eventually caved of course, and went up to sing Senorita by Justin Timberlake. I was dancing away with the R-H-Y-T-H-Y-M that most people here lack. At bar closing time, I wasnt ready to go yet, so we decided to go to RSVP, which ended up being really nice and playing really good music, including Amerie and even some reggae songs. This is getting too long but ill wrap up by saying it was a good nite. Walked around bath after that closed at 1, then went home to bed.

The End.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace