« Home | Mummy, why is that girl wearing a riding outfit? » | Speaking of feeding...tubes, that is. » | Relief!! » | Olive Juice » | Out and About » | continued..... » | Where do all the black people hang out? » | Delta, Delta, Delta » | Up, up and away!! » | My lovely bro » 

3.30.2005

Directions and/or Preservatives please?

This blog is just gonna be a buncha points...not in the mood to write long ol' paragraphs now...or actually, watch them turn into exactly that.....
1. Who's Aaron? Aaron is just some guy's blog I saw and liked and wanted to be able to go back.
2. Went to "Boston Tea Party" yesterday, a caff across the street from me. not caf-ay, but caff as the kiddies say. Had a bomb ass white hot chocolate..ahhh reminded me of home [aka any Java City location at UF]. I dunno what else they put in it but it was sure off the chain! More than the nutmeg I usually add.....
3. How come nobody knows directions??? lol Anytime I ask anybody where anything is, I never get "turn right on Oakland, then make a left at 36th Ter." alls I get is "when you go up there just past the that, turn right and then when you see the thing, it's right across from that." Some theories I had are that 1) the streets begin and end in like 5 seconds, as evidenced by the map of Bath that has 10,000 streets yet it's such a small town[no 10 mile Commerical Blvd here], 2) most people walk everywhere and because the streets are so short, they don't bother memorizing street names, just landmarks. When I say a street name, I get weird looks lol......
4. There's never a 'downtime' at the Supermarket. Always tons of people shopping...can you tell I don't like crowds? Also, I guess it might be a good thing that they don't have much, but seriously, can I have some more preservatives in my food so they last more than 3 or 4 days?? Milk shouldn't have the same shelf life as freshly baked bread. Gimme at least a week to finish my food rather than saying "after opening, use within 3 days." It's just me, people! Im not shopping for my family too. Guess food isn't made for single people who don't cook. So either I gotta freeze my food or buy small quantities at a time...which means I'll be going to the supermarket more often. yippee.......
5. It looks like I won't be doing anything till at least next week. That's when my preceptor said he might, keyword might, have a timetable of things for me to do. [sigh] whatever.....
6. [As Lumberg] yeeeaaaahhhh, sooooo I don't really like it when, as soon as I hear the toilet flush, I also hear the bathroom door opening. uuuummmmm, that kinda makes me think you didn't wash your hands, a thought that chills me to the bone. Yeh, so my neighbor keeps doing that and i don't like it. I cant be the only one potentially freaked out by that!
7. I realized that I don't really live in the "asian" housing. It's just that basically all the foreign students are the only ones here, even some eastern european ones based on an accent I heard, because the english and welsh ones are the only ones close enough that they actually go home for the easter break. apparently the neighbor on my floor who I have yet to see is Welsh, not too far away, so no wonder. poor foreigners....
8. Called my aunt yesterday, and she told me my cousin wants to phone me..yay! He doesn't really know me [I blame my mother...lol jk] I remember seeing him once when he was little...Damaine or something..i forget. She said he's 17 now. I remember his brother, Dean, more but Dean still lives in Jamaica and goes to UWI, I think. But she took my number and said she would give it to him. Apparently, she does live in London, so Ill be visiting her when I go there too.....
9. Damn tourists! Not only do they never stop coming, they are disguising themselves as real Bath-ists or Bath-ers....what do I call the people who live here? Bath-ans? When I was in the cafe yesterday, I saw this black girl with fairly well done hair[yay] so I asked her where she gets her hair done. The heffer's from Manchester[boo] lol. That's like 100 miles from here. anyway....
10. Screw Bath! Once it gets sunny again[cross my fingers for tomorrow], im gonna hop on the train to Bristol and go blow some money since I have nothing better to do. Gotta look up the weather....
11. Was invited to watch England play some other bunk team cuz apparently it's World Cup qualifying time or something or other. Will be at a pub, but dunno which one yet. Not only do I hate American football, I hate real football too. Not only do they rarely score [actually, i've seen a game where the score was nil-nil...talk about torture!!!], but the game takes like 90 minutes. AND if there's overtime, I swear it's like 45 minutes. Can I get 10? What's with the English and long ass sporting events?? Cricket takes days!! But at least cricket's a little more interesting and they do have one day matches.....
12. I found TWO starbucks the other day. Man that bitch is everywhere! but they don't have Vanilla Bean frappaccinos..what the f?? Still, I will be back.....
13. Had some Chinese food today and it was REALLY good. It was a buffett but I wanted it to go. The man pulled out a to-go container....some microscopic tupperware looking thing....I was like "Um, can I get a bigger one?" "That's the only one." "Fine, how much?" "3.50" "what??? Fine I'll take it." You KNOW I stuffed that thing till it couldnt be stuffed no more! Gotta get my money's worth....

That's all I can think of for now. Holleration.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace