« Home | Olive Juice » | Out and About » | continued..... » | Where do all the black people hang out? » | Delta, Delta, Delta » | Up, up and away!! » | My lovely bro » | My first time...eeek! » 

3.28.2005

Relief!!

"That'd be a 25 pound fine." so those "Fire door. Keep Shut" signs do mean something. I thought it was a mere suggestion.

So im sitting in the lounge [id prefer not to call it that since it doesnt even have a TV], using the computer because that's all I have to do and I didn't wanna sit in my room anymore, when a dude with an American accent comes in to put up flyers. He introduces himself and apparently he's the resident tutor, aka RA. He tells me, unfortunately, i can't keep the door open and the reasons behind why. Everything he says goes in one ear and out the other, except when he got to the fine part. That's what I'd get charged if someone saw me doing that, but hey, I just moved in and i missed the fire lecture, so he forgives me...im sure others would too.

This man is a godsend! it's actually exactly his job to tell me stuff and answer my questions but I still consider him my angel cuz I was LOST! He's been in bath for two and a half years [what the F???] but apparently that's because the area of mechanical engineering he wanted to do isnt done too much in the US[he's from Madison, WI], so he had to go elsewhere.....???....yeh I wondered what the hell he could be doing that's so special, too. But good for him, I say. So he started answering all my questions, first off about the fone. He gave me the fone card and then began explaining life in Bath.

Id been wondering WHY THE HELL THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE IN THIS TOWN?? Last Friday and Saturday and even this morning at f-ing 11am there were TONS AND TONS AND TONS of people on the street. Don't yall have homes??? But he[i forgot his name :( ] told me that Bath is what's known as a Heritage Town, and it's like the 7th most visited city in EUROPE..not just Hengland. It's also a pretty big shopping center, which I figured because when you go out in the streets, EVERYBODY has TONS of bags with them. He explains that this is not even bad..wait till summer comes...even the local Bath people don't dare go outside. Kinda reminds me of little ol' G-ville during home games...I would NEVER leave Murphree on a Saturday. yuh mussi mad. Apparently, there are tiers for spaces that stuff can be built and basically, the whole city is on lockdown, meaning nothing can be built here, etc etc. Just because of some hot springs?? lol whatever. He explains to me that it's actually expensive to shop here [no kidding] and a better bet would be to go to Bristol, which is another big city 10 miles away or go to London. "Isn't london expensive though?" I ask, to which he replied "It's basically a tad more expesive than here, but you get way more variety and at least you can do sightseeing and stuff." He also said France was twice as cheap, so im definitely in that piece.

He explained other stuff, like how to take the bus, about how you gotta promise your first born child just to get a mobile phone over here ["here's my money...gimme my damn service" said he], how this is easter break[apparently the students wont be back for at least another week and a half...they have 3 weeks off for easter], and how school works over here. Apparently, finals, which begin when the students come back, is like 80% of your grade! [COUGH..Im liking the US more and more]. He helped me to reset the fuse I had blown with my hairdryer, and suggested I go to Argo's to buy a cheap one to use while im here. Thanks, bud. that's it for now.

I gotta remember to talk about how I actually had a craving for Subway today....SUB-Fing-WAY!! Shows how desperate times call for desperate measures......

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace