« Home | Up, up and away!! » | My lovely bro » | My first time...eeek! » 

3.24.2005

Delta, Delta, Delta

1:08 am and i guess it’s officially my ‘second’ day in england, but it still feels like the first. its not as cold as i expected it to be, but ive been told that’ll change come easter monday, a ‘bank holiday’ here in england, aka ‘national holiday.’ the school has a holiday next tuesday too, so i wont officially be starting anything until at least wednesday.

my trip began with the removal of ‘non-essential stuff’ from a grossly overweight suitcase….83 lbs[must convert to kg!!]. had to give back all the food i was gonna take, including all my orbit gum!!! my mother just told me i left them all….now im really sad. turns out i was still overweight at 73 lbs but the guy let me go w/o charging me the obligatory $80!! i woulda died if I had to pay that. but i didnt even bring that much!!! only clothes, shoes…and ok, maybe my printer, but ill need that…eventually….i hope. so, on to boarding, which began 15 minutes late [an ominous sign of things to come]. im in ‘zone 4’ aka at the back of the plane next to the damn bathroom, but no biggie. we take our seats and we sit and wait, and we sit…and sit….and sit….for a good 40 minutes. finally our good buddy captain ‘bob’ comes on and announces we are 17th in line for take off!!! i didnt even know that was possible. but i remember seeing something on the news earlier in the morning about how there were tornado warnings in orlando, so I figured that was causing the hold-up...and ‘bob’ confirmed my suspicion by announcing weather was to blame. another 30 minutes later, were 10th in line…moving on up like the jeffersons, but doesnt feel as good. next, we’re 5th in line….another 20 minutes later. all this didnt bother me much really, because I was sleeping, hopefully not snoring and bothering my flight pahtnah, a businessman from louisville, kentucky…or that’s what I assume from when i was eavesdropping on his phone conversation. people are calling their people, saying their gonna miss their connecting flights...i was like “suckers.” little did I know I was to have the same fate. 2 hours later, we’re finally in the air. on to atlanta, the busiest airport on the f-ing planet!!

too many people in the atl airport…too many. i swear ive never seen this much people in mia. not only are there a shiteload of people, I land in terminal T at 7:35, when im supposed to get to terminal E at the OPPOSITE end of the airport for my flight to london at 7:50. hell no, im not gonna make it. the boards informed me my flight had closed and departed so I go to the desk to be put on the next flight for 10. arrive at the gate at 9:15…and was informed I would be on standby! I didnt even think about that! if I didnt make the flight, i actually wouldnt have minded cuz my back was killing me and I could lie down for the night. 9:30 they call ‘MARIA jackson’ over the loud speaker[READ CAREFULLY BITCHES!!]. I go, and luckily get a seat. 9:50 rolls around, announcement comes on that the flight would be delayed 30 minutes. my default angry face kicks in and im sure I looked like the meanest person in the world at that point, cuz I wasnt laughing. 10:15 rolls around and we’re boarding. off to london at 10:45….late again. my flight pahtnah this time was a little old man. he looked like had 1 ½ feet in the grave but he was so little and cute. at first I thought he was black, but then I thought he was indian[I mean we ARE going to england]. my suspicion was confirmed when the flight attendant uttered ‘ready for your special meal, Mr. Patel?’ seriously, are there any other names besides patel?? there are like a billion people over there! come on! anyway, I didnt think he should be traveling alone, but hey, who am I to say. so…slept most of the way, woke up to ‘shall we dance,’ another crappy movie in which jennifer lopez still has the accent. kept going in and out, but overall slept well. I laughed when the captain said he hoped we would choose delta for future flights. laughed really hard at that comment. british airways or virgin next time for me, no matter how much I gotta pay.

1:38 am…im tired…later.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Speak now or forever hold your your peace